Brussel Sprout Chips




Chances are you love to snack (come on, you know you do). I mean, who doesn't? And if you say "no" to that, you're probably not human. Even if you snack maybe once a day, it's always a good idea to go for something healthy.

But sometimes the best things to snack on can come from something other than a bag or box. That's why today, I'm gonna share with you one my favorite ways to curb the cravings for a crunchy snack. And that recipe is none other than Brussel Sprout Chips!

I never thought I would come across a veggie recipes that would combat my love for kale chips. If there's something that anyone needs to know about me, it's that nothing can ever come across me and my kale. But on my list for the top homemade snacks, these chips are definitely right next to it.

I know some of you out there are hesitant when you see that these are made from brussel sprouts. And I understand that some of you that are reading this simply are not a fan of them. But I encourage you to give these a shot, it might just change your views on these green little guys. It's so ridiculously easy to whip these up and it only takes a few simple ingredients. You'll be devouring them in no time!


Also before we go on, I would just like to take the time to put out some info on why Brussel sprouts are a wonderful veggie to snack on. They are a good source of:


  • Riboflavin
  • Magnesium
  • Fiber
  • Vitamin A and B6
  • Potasium
  • Calcium
  • Iron

The list goes on and on!



As I always say: Keep your friends close, and your farmers closer. So that's exactly what I do! These chips that I made were used with 100% farm-to-table ingredients from my good friends over at Bountiful Farms. Here's a picture of me and my good friend Jessica out in the fields picking our produce for the week...

Support your local farmers!


Okay, so without further ado, here's the recipe for this healthy snack. Just giving you a quick warning: These chips are quite addictive (in the good way, of course), and you may have to make several batches to fulfill your desire for them. I believe in the power of sharing, but when it comes to these, my eye is on the whole tray of them. Alrighty, don't say I didn't warn ya.



Brussel Sprout Chips                                                        
Ingredients
  1. 1 lb. Brussel sprouts
  2. 2 tbsp. coconut oil
  3. Salt and pepper to taste



  4. Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

2. Remove the leaves of the brussel sprouts.

3. Place the "chips" in a bowl. Add the oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat.

4. Place on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly brown and crunchy on the edges. That's it!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Are Winged Beans? + A Delicious Winged Bean Stir-Fry Recipe!

My Favorite AIP "Cheese"

What is Cone Cabbage? + Deconstructed Asian Cabbage Roll Recipe