Honey Glazed Carrots

Sometimes all I’m looking for is a simple side dish that will kick dinner up a notch. If you’re looking for the same thing, I’ve got something for you! And the ingredient of the day is carrots.

Carrots are such a versatile ingredient! You can eat them raw, baked, in soup and even in desserts. But one my favorite ways to enjoy them is to roast them in the oven. Remember when I made carrot fries to go along with my black bean burgers? Well if you haven’t seen them, you have to check them out here.
What I decided to do instead of making them cut like french fries was cut them into pieces and toss them in a honey glaze. It’s perfect if you’re looking for a dish that’s sweet but also a little bit healthy. I think these would even be good to make around the holidays, since that’s when everybody breaks out the sweet dishes.
Honey Glazed Carrots
Ingredients
  1. 1 lb. carrots, cut into slices
  2. 3 tbsp. raw honey
  3. 1/2 stick melted butter
  4. 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
  5. 1 tsp. crushed garlic
  6. salt and pepper to taste
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
  2. In a bowl combine, honey, butter, vinegar, and seasonings. Pour onto the carrot slices and place on pans.
  3. Bake for forty minutes or until tender. This is dependent on your oven.
  4. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Are Winged Beans? + A Delicious Winged Bean Stir-Fry Recipe!

My Favorite AIP "Cheese"

What is Cone Cabbage? + Deconstructed Asian Cabbage Roll Recipe