Great Grandma's Meat Pies






This recipe is dedicated to my great-grandmother who perfected this recipe. If she were here now, I’m sure she would have loved me sharing it with you guys!
So first of all, where does time go? It feels like yesterday that school was out and I was writing posts about summer recipes, and the next thing I know it’s time to get the books out again. Isn’t that crazy? Now it’s time to bring on the fall recipes!
Anyway, I’m putting a twist on one of my favorite family recipes: Meat pies. Oh my goodness! It’s heaven on a plate! šŸ˜€
Chicken wrapped in fresh dough and topped with slice of  garden-fresh tomato. What could be better than that? And a bonus is that the dough recipe is gluten free. That recipe once again happens to be a great one from my friend Hayley of Health Starts In The Kitchen (you can see it here!). Even though I’m not a Paleo or gluten free person,  I must tell you again to go check out this blog. The blog is updated regularly so there’s always something new for you to try out. 
So let’s break out the meat pies. The first bite and you’ll be blown away just like I was! 
Note: Even though I made my dough from scratch, any simple drop biscuit recipe will do.
Great Grandma's Meat Pies
Ingredients
  1. Enough biscuit dough for 8-10 biscuits
  2. 2 lb. ground chicken
  3. 1-2 large tomatoes
Instructions
  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Roll out dough and cut into 8-10 individual squares. Form your chicken into patties enough to fit each square.
  3. Place each patty in the middle of each square. Fold four corners of biscuit into each patty.
  4. Slice tomato and place one slice one top of each pie. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Place in oven for 30 minutes or until meat is throughly cooked.
  6. Enjoy!
Notes
  1. Biscuit dough came from the cookbook Without Grain by Hayley Ryczek. You can see this recipe online at:
  2. (http://www.healthstartsinthekitchen.com/recipe/grain-free-buttermilk-biscuits/)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Are Winged Beans? + A Delicious Winged Bean Stir-Fry Recipe!

My Favorite AIP "Cheese"

What is Cone Cabbage? + Deconstructed Asian Cabbage Roll Recipe