Date Nut Bread


Our family has a few traditional treats that we whip up around the holidays. But this year, I believe a “must-have” for any time of the year is this amazing date nut bread recipe. It’s a delicious and moist bread with just the right amount of sweetness. Not to mention we unintentionally baked it on December 22nd, which I recently learned was “National Date Nut Bread Day” (so mark the calendars for next year, people!) 😀
Anyway, I don’t know what it is about this recipe but once I tried my first slice, I found it hard to stop! For as long as I could remember, we would talk about how tasty this bread was and how my great-grandmother used to make this, as this is a spin-off of her recipe. It does take a little bit of time on your part (just ask us!), but the outcome is definitely worth it. 

I got two loaves out of this recipe, but you can seperate the batter and make them into muffins if you would like. This bread also freezes well so you can keep it in your freezer and pull some bread out to serve as a sweet treat to guests or yourself. I’d recommend taking a piece of this and have it on the side with some organic green tea. It’s truly a great way to enjoy tea time. Oh, and by the way, this is my first recipe of 2017. Yay! 😀
As always, if you try out this recipe don’t forget to leave a comment and let me know how you enjoyed it. Eat clean and live well!
Date Nut Bread
Write a review
Print
Ingredients
  1. 1 1/2 cups organic dates, pitted and chopped
  2. 2 1/4 cups water brought to boil
  3. 3 tsp. baking soda
  4. 1 cup walnuts
  5. 2 cups sugar
  6. 3 tbsp. butter
  7. 2 eggs, beaten
  8. 1 tsp. Himalayan sea salt
  9. 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I prefer Bob's Red Mill)
  10. 1 tsp. organic vanilla extract
Instructions
  1. Combine the baking soda to the boiling water and the dates in this solution for about thirty minutes.
  2. In a large bowl, cream your butter and sugar together. Add the eggs, vanilla extract, dates, nuts, flour and salt. Mix well until all ingredients are well incorporated
  3. Divide the batter evenly into two greased loaf pans (or into a muffin pan, whichever is your preference). Bake at 300 degrees (150 degrees Celsius) until loaf tests done.
  4. Allow to cool before serving, it can also be frozen after it is done cooling.
  5. Enjoy!

As stated above, I prefer to use Bob’s Red Mill flour for my baking needs. They are high quality and offer some pre-made baking mixes as well. So if you’re looking for baking supplies, this is a great company to buy from!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Are Winged Beans? + A Delicious Winged Bean Stir-Fry Recipe!

My Favorite AIP "Cheese"

What is Cone Cabbage? + Deconstructed Asian Cabbage Roll Recipe